GEL-A-MED® products are indispensable health aids for the treatment of patients endangered by bedsore in rehabilitation centres, hospitals, nursing homes and within the home care.
GEL-A-MED® products consist of 100 % silicone. The elasticity of the silicone allows the use at various parts of the body and reduces the skin shear effect to a minimum.
GEL-A-MED® products have an enlarged contact surface. High support pressure of the patient is reduced by an enlarged contact surface and so an optimal blood circulation is guaranteed.
GEL-A-MED® products are resilient, non-ageing and do not show material fatigue, also not in case of major mechanical influences. This is due to a cross linking of macromolecules of the silicone.
GEL-A-MED® products have a leakage protection. The mixing ratio prevents leakage of the silicone in case of damage of the outer film.
GEL-A-MED® products have a breathable, sturdy outer film of polyurethane. This outer film has microscopically small holes and it so enables a favourable microclimate between the skin of the patient and the GEL-A-MED® product.
GEL-A-MED® products are resistant to urine and do not absorb any smell.
GEL-A-MED® products from 100 % silicone are temperature-resistant from - 40°C up to + 140°C.
GEL-A-MED® products are 90 % radiolucent to x-rays.
GEL-A-MED® products have the TÜV inspections and the -Certification. They are refundable!!!
Health aid item number:
11.39.02.0001 (100% Silicone)
You have made a good choice by the purchase of your new GEL-A-MED® product. The used material is 100 % silicone. Due to a cross linking of macromolecules the silicone is excellently resilient and it has a high elasticity. This material does not contain softening agents and it is non-ageing. The outer plastic film is made of polyurethane. It is impermeable to bacteria also in case it is stretched, permeable to steam and eudermic. The used plastic is resistant to many substances and liquids and to many demands. You should observe the following care instructions in order to get pleasure out of this product for a long time.
- Long contact with urine and secretions should be avoided.
- When used for patients being incontinent, a thorough cleaning of the overlay followed by drying by wiping is of utmost importance. For these patients we recommend the use of an additional protection overlay.
- Frequent contact with urine and secretions causes a change of the colour of the outer film which in this case will become brittle and will tear in the long run.
- Storage: Before use the overlays should be stored flat. Bends have to be avoided.
- Handling: GEL-A-MED® overlays may not be used for transport of the patients!!! Pulling or carrying of patients by the silicone overlays has to be avoided!!! In case of overloading of the silicone overlays due to wrong handling the silicone core can break and the overlay is unusable. no warranty claim.
- Disinfection: The overlay should be treated by a disinfection by wiping using standard disinfection and cleansing agents in the ratio 1:10 (see for example the list DGHM - disinfection agents for surfaces). After the residence time please dry the overlay by wiping - air-drying.
- Temperatures: GEL-A-MED® products should not be exposed to temperatures higher than 50° C for a long time. Temperatures up to 80° C for a short time are possible without hesitation. In autoclaves please wrap the products in aluminium foil. Do not treat with boiling water and do not store close to heat sources!!!
The adherence to these instructions will help you to use the product for a long time at your satisfaction. We give a two-year guarantee for our GEL-A-MED® products when properly used.
WE WISH YOU A LONG AND SUCCESSFUL USE OF OUR PRODUCT.